Kamloops and the Province of BC are "wrapping up" after the Games:
- Equipment is being inventoried and prepared for disubursement.
- Bills are mostly paid and accounting of the Games is well-underway.
- A legacy plan is in development.
- Many thank yous have been sent out.
- A Transfer of Knowledge Program has begun.
Western Canada Games Council will meet in Kamloops in October to look back at the 2011 Games and ahead to the 2015 Games. What went well? What standards have been set? What direction should the Games take for the future? How can we "ride the wave" to future successful Games?
Wood Buffalo has started with the first steps in preparation for the 2015 Games, and Western Canada Games Council wants to move the Games forward in a collaborative and transparent process that involves all 7 provinces and territories and the 18 partner sport associations.